Are you having bleeding gums and your teeth are started to shake? Then laser gum treatment is an ideal solution to strengthen your gums and teeth.
Lasers used in dentistry to treat bleeding gums and gum infections. It is favourable for people who is having fear of pain, bleeding and sutures which involved in conventional gum surgery. There is absolutely no pain and no sutures in laser gum treatment.
How it works?
- Laser works by the principle of regeneration rather than resection.
- The focused laser light removes the infected tissue from underlying connective tissue
- Laser not only limiting the bacterial count but also kills them
- It reduces pain stimulating cells (prostaglandins)
- It creates direct attachment of gum tissue with teeth by sealing the periodontal pocket (space between teeth and gums)
Steps in laser gum treatment:
LANAP: Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure
- Applying topical numbness gel and local anesthesia delivered through no pain (STA) anesthetic machine
- Complete scaling – removal of plaque and calculus from tooth surface
- Activated laser fiber optic tip is inserted along the gum surface to remove the infected granulation tissue
- It stimulates the formation of blood clot, once the blood clot is formed it reattaches the gum tissue to the tooth
– After lanap the laser light is shown on gum tissue for better healing and faster regeneration
– It melts the dentinal tubules and thus reducing the post treatment sensitivity
Number of visits:
- Laser gum treatment can be completed in single visit
- Second visit may be needed based on individual situations
Advantages of laser gum treatment over conventional gum surgery:
- No pain
- More precise and accurate
- Greater depth of penetration
- Minimal bleeding
- Faster healing
- No need for sutures
- No post treatment sensitivity
Is laser gum surgery safe?
- The Nd:Yag laser with the wavelength of 1064 nm is used for laser gum treatment which is within the safer limit
- It is limited only to infected tissue
- Lack of collateral damage
Contraindication for laser gum surgery:
Laser gum treatment is contraindicated during pregnancy.
To know the cost of laser gum treatment in Chennai, India CLICK HERE
Removal of pyogenic granuloma with laser:
Healing after 2 days
For teeth replacement with dental implants CLICK HERE
For treatment videos/ testimonials CLICK HERE