What is clear aligner?
Clear aligners are transparent, customised, plastic form of ortho braces which is not easily noticeable. It is the latest alternative for regular metal braces.
How does clear aligner works?
By using digital 3D technology a custom made plastic trays are designed. These trays are to be worn for about 2 weeks and replaced by next set of trays to achieve the desired tooth movement and alignment.
What are the advantages of clear aligners?
- Highly esthetics
- CAD-CAM designed predictable better results
- Final treatment outcome can be visualised before starting the treatment
- NO pain/no brackets/no wires, no metal smile with metal braces
- No food restriction, you can remove clear aligners while eating and enjoy your foods
- No need for multiple monthly appointments
- Will not disturb your speech
Will the treatment with clear aligners painful?
In the beginning of each new tray you may have feeling of pressure only for few days which is the sign of teeth movement.
What is the duration for clear aligner?
- We can achieve faster results compared to regular braces
- Clear aligners duration depends on complexity of teeth alignment and number of clear aligners required
- Average treatment duration 8 – 14 months
- Clear aligners to be wear 22 hours a day for two weeks, it may vary depends on individual teeth alignment and teeth movement
Any food restriction while wearing clear aligners?
Unlike conventional fixed braces, you can remove clear aligners while eating. No restrictions for your favourite foods and drinks. But make sure you clean your teeth and clear aligner tray before reinserting.
How frequently do I have visit the dentist?
You can visit your dentist once in 4 – 6 months to ensure the teeth alignment is progressing in way as planned.
For consultation with clear aligners specialist CLICK HERE